Beautiful Singing and Playing Sisters. It was so fun collaborating with Elizabeth Patterson who also taught them voice and also played as my student!
Video Links are posted below. Enjoy!
Welcome back everyone! As we come to a close this summer, I would like to summarize the activities that have happened. I am back after a long vacation to Virginia and Washington DC., played in Disneyland, and have learned a lot coming back from the annual Music Teachers Association of California Annual Convention in Anaheim. I am eager to share resources with you all in my teaching. I hope you all had a good summer break and I am almost ready to jump start the Fall semester. Meanwhile, I want thank those who have continued to take lessons over the summer break and it is always good to keep up with your skills. I myself have been able to give myself a little push as well learning new pieces, trying out new experiences i.e. traveling, water color painting, and substituting as a piano accompanist this summer for a vocal class at City College of San Francisco. It was a great experience for me and testimony that we all never stop learning. I would to hear all of your experiences as well when we come back for lessons.
This summer I have passed out Practice Summer Charts for students to complete to keep track of their minutes of practice this summer. Students had to put stickers on for every time they practiced 30 minutes. I would like to recognize and congratulate the following students who have submitted and completed their charts: Sally, Catie, Chole R., Niki, Brendan, Marrisa, Anna, and Olivia! They have worked hard in keeping up a consistency of practice which is so important especially during the summer time. Because of its success, I’ve decided to continue this for Fall.
You can download Fall Practice Charts here. You can offer any prize incentives you want each time they turn in and submit a sheet to you. Have fun with them! Fall Practice Chart
Cheers to recognizing other successes this Summer:
- Marissa who have finished learning the complete set of Beethoven’s Sonatina in F Major!
- Kaiden who has completed learning “The May Song”
- Catie and Sally who have finished learning all the Twinkles and added harmony
- NIki for finishing up her 1st two songs in Suzuki Book 2, Ecossaise and Shory Story, and showing great improvements in technique with scales.
- Adalyn who has been making strides in her reading skills.
- Joanna who has finished learning a challenging Chopin Nocturne! Good Job!
- The Monastery nuns who have sung and played beautifully in their playthrough end of July. (Links will be posted soon on P3 Facebook Page )
- Brendan and Michelle who has come a long way with his reading skills and learning “William Tell” with foot pedal
- Chole R. who has learned all her Twinkles and doing great learning to use her wrist more.
- Tyler who has improved with his finger technique learning Little Playmates and reading with Chant Arabe!
- Debbie Martin who has finished learning “Part of Your World.”
- Elizabeth Patterson who has finished learning to develop her left hand with Hanon, the Storm, Happy Farmer, and accompaniment skills with Be Not Afraid.
- Tiffany and Ian for completing theory group class training Suzuki style at Holy Names University in Oakland.
Let us celebrate these accomplishments!
Thank you all for all your support and all your hard work. You all played beautifully!
Thank you for the lovely flowers!
Thank you to all the students and parents for all their hard work! Thank you to all the parents who stayed and helped set and clean up afterwards.
Click here to see videos!
Click here to see Student Accomplishments Updates
Merry Christmas…..Wishing you All a Happy and Blessed New Year!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Hello Everyone! Selected videos are posted on the video page, including the highlights. You can also see them on the Official P3 Piano Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/p3piano/. Wanted to thank all the parents and students who have worked very hard in making this recital possible. The kids had fun playing games after a wonderful potluck reception. Happy Holidays!
Thank you all for your support in these theory group classes. We had a good turn out this time. Our students had a lot of fun learning rhythms with a Thanksgiving theme. They also had a chance to play for each other.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Next….don’t forget to turn in your Carnucopia coloring contest before Thanksgiving break.
Phyllis > : )